As an NGO accountable to half the Tibetan population, TWA feel it is our duty to use our platform to speak out on issues important to our fellow women. This has included campaigns against the abduction of the Panchen Lama, a campaign to boycott Chinese goods, and campaigns against infringements of basic human rights facing Tibetans both inside Tibet and in exile.
We also partner with other human rights and Tibetan NGOs to endeavour to provide information on the largely unheard stories of Tibet’s many political prisoners. We campaign for fair and open trials, the cessation of torture as a widespread method of forced confession, an end of arbitrary arrests, and the release of all of those unfairly imprisonned.
Such atrocities against Tibetans’ rights under Chinese occupation have been going on for so many decades, the issues can fade from the public eye – we hope that continued campaigning will shame the Chinese government and encourage multi-lateral intervention on Tibet from international governments. Below you can see recent campaigns from TWA.
Some campaign work may overlap with our international lobbying work (see International Presence) or our other key activities – Women in Tibet, Women’s Empowerment and the Environment. On the other hand, other campaigns may run independently according to current issues facing Tibetans.
- Twa’s Appeal for Tibet to Indian Leaders tour team members Vice President and staff met with Tibetan Sweater sellers at Tibetan refugee market Anand, Gujarat and informed them about current human rights violation in Tibet by Chinese and Twa’s over all programs, advocacies and future projects.
- Twa’s Appeal Tour team, Mrs. Dolma Tsering la and Mrs. Tenzin Dolma la was privileged having met Shri Nitin Gadkeri ji, Cabinet Minister and Union Minister for Road transport, Highway and shipping and Mr Ashok Mande ji, president of Bharat Tibet Sahyog Manch
- Twa’s Appeal Tour team met with Dr. Anil Sole ji , MLA and briefly highlighted to him about current situation in Tibet
- Twa’s Appeal Tour team briefly highlighted with aforementioned personalities about current situation in Tibet and informed them of TWA’s past, present and future projects, advocacies and empowerment programs.
- Twa’s Appeal Tour team is honoured having met Dr Jivraj Chauhan,Dy Mayor,Vadodara and briefly highlighted about current situation in Tibet
- Twa’s Appeal team, Mrs. Dolma Tsering la and Mrs. Tenzin Dolma la met with New Lhasa Market A and B at Dhanbad, Jarkhand had an interactive session with them talking about Twa’s overall programs, projects, advocacies and future plans and informed him about the current situation in Tibet
- Twa’s Appeal Tour, Mrs. Kalsang Youdon la and Ms. Thupten Lhamo la was honoured having met the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri VIJAY RUPANI and had an opportunity to highlight with him about current situation in Tibet under Chinese rule with the violation of human rights
- Twa’s Appeal team, Mrs. Dolma Tsering la and Mrs. Tenzin Dolma la had an opportunity to meet Shri JitendraTripathi, the Mayor of Asansol, West Bengal. They highlighted the current situation in Tibet
- Twa’s Appeal for Tibet to Indian Leaders tour continued at Gujarat where Twa’s VP and staff met with the members of Tibetan Sweater sellers at Rajkot and Tibetan Refugee Market Lhasa, Jamnagar to informed them about current human rights violation in Tibet by Chinese and Twa’s over all programs, advocacies and future projects.
- Twa’s Joint Secretary and Outstation Executive met with the members of Tata Nagar and Asansol Tibetan Sweater sellers at Jharkhand and West Bengal to informed them of the Twa’s past, present and future projects, social services and advocacies and also talked about current situation in Tibet
- Twa’s Vice-President and staff met with Adv Sandeep Jyotikar, Western Region Convener, CORE Group TSG and thanked him and his group for all their wholehearted support to Tibet cause and appealed to continue the same.
- TWA’s Joint Secretary and Outstation Executive met with Shri. CP Singh, Members of Legislative Council and Urban Development Minister, Jharkhand and they had a great opportunity to highlight the critical situation in Tibet
- The Appeal for Tibet to Indian Leaders tour continued with a warm welcome by the members of Tibetan Refugee Lhasa Market at Ajmer
- Twa’s Appeal for Tibet to Indian Leaders Tour reached Udaipur in Rajasthan. Vice-President and a staff held a press conference joined by many media houses from Udaipur and our issues and Appeals were covered and published in their respective newspapers and TV channels.
- Twa’s Appeal team, Mrs. Dolma Tsering la and Mrs. Tenzin Dolma la met with the Tibetans at Tibetan Market,Nagpur and had an interactive session