Error fetching Flickr photos: WP HTTP Error: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds
As an NGO accountable to half the Tibetan population, TWA feel it is our duty to use our platform to speak out on issues important to our fellow women. This has included campaigns against the abduction of the Panchen Lama, a campaign to boycott Chinese goods, and campaigns against infringements of basic human rights facing Tibetans both inside Tibet and in exile.
We also partner with other human rights and Tibetan NGOs to endeavour to provide information on the largely unheard stories of Tibet’s many political prisoners. We campaign for fair and open trials, the cessation of torture as a widespread method of forced confession, an end of arbitrary arrests, and the release of all of those unfairly imprisonned.
Such atrocities against Tibetans’ rights under Chinese occupation have been going on for so many decades, the issues can fade from the public eye – we hope that continued campaigning will shame the Chinese government and encourage multi-lateral intervention on Tibet from international governments. Below you can see recent campaigns from TWA.
Some campaign work may overlap with our international lobbying work (see International Presence) or our other key activities – Women in Tibet, Women’s Empowerment and the Environment. On the other hand, other campaigns may run independently according to current issues facing Tibetans.
- The 4th Annual India-Tibet Advocacy Week in New Delhi
- “Tibetan Heroes Day” in memory of Tenzin Delek Rinpoche.
- 20th Anniversary Of The Disappearance Of Gendhun Choekyi Nyima, The 11th Panchen Lama Of Tibet
- Nepal needs your help!
- Free Panchen Lama now!
- An appeal to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- SEE YOU IN LHASA, a campaign to express the gratitude to His Holiness the XIVth Dalai Lama
- TWA at COP20, Lima, Peru
- In Solidarity with Hong Kong
- TWA at KIOS International Seminar, Helsinki
- TWA Urges Indian PM Modi to raise the crucial issue of Tibet with the Chinese President
- TWA appeal Indian Prime Minister to raise Tibet issue with meeting with Xi Jinping
- TWA successfully wraps up its programs for the 33rd Kalachakra initiation held in Ladakh.
- TWA organized an educational talk on “Women and Health”, Ladakh