The Tibetan Women’s Association is actively involved in the public political arena promoting both the political issue of Tibet and the empowerment of women. TWA is becoming increasingly active in international meetings on development, the environment, gender and political issues. TWA’s work encompasses lobbying governments and NGOs, organizing press releases, conferences, and petitions that support the Tibetan cause, and raising general public awareness of the human rights abuses in Tibet, particularly against women. Rallying for local and international support is one of the key ways TWA raises its political voice.
To highlight the involvement of women in the political sphere and to increase focus on women’s issues, TWA organized the International Year of Tibetan Women from March 12, 1994 to March 12, 1995. During this year, Tibetan women around the world organized demonstrations, festivals, video screenings, lectures and public gatherings to discuss the many issues of Tibet and its women. A festival of Tibetan culture was staged in Bombay, India in January 1995 to commemorate the year.
Whenever possible TWA participates in international UN and NGO conferences worldwide. One of TWA’s most comprehensive campaigns has been to attend the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women, held in Beijing, China in 1995. While the majority of exiled Tibetan women were denied the right to participate, an extensive lobbying campaign was launched that succeeded in gaining widespread international attention for the plight of Tibetan women.
The anniversary of the March 12th uprisingin 1959 by the women in Lhasa is observed by all the branches of TWA. TWA also fully participates in the March 10th uprising gatherings and regards this day as one of the most important days in the history of occupied Tibet.
TWA joins hands with women’s organizations worldwide in support of solidarity, exchange of information and a greater understanding of Tibetan women’s issues.
- The Appeal for Tibet to Indian Leaders tour continued with a warm welcome by the members of Tibetan Refugee Lhasa Market at Ajmer
- TWA‘s Vice President Mrs.Kalsang Youdon la and staff Ms Thupten Lhamo met with Dr. Arvind Kumar ,The President of India Water foundation and informed him of the Current Situation of Tibet.
- Tibetan Women’s Association executive members also got an opportunity to meet with Shri Indresh kumar, Chief Patron of Bharat Tibet Sahyog Manch, Shri Rajiv Mehrotra, Secretary of the Foundation for Universal Responsibility established with Nobel Peace Prize in Delhi
- The 29th Anniversary of the Conferment of Nobel Peace Prize on His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
- The Executive members of Tibetan Women’s Association, Central from Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, are on a tour of India from second week of December to end of January, 2019
- We welcomed Australia Tibet Council group lead by Paul Bourke
- Tibetan Women’s Association successfully completed the second Operation Groundswell Program.
- Tibetan Women’s Association attended the 7th Asia Regional Tibet Support Group Meeting ,Tokyo.
- Tibetan Women’s Association interacted with foriegn students
- The Executive members of Central Tibetan Women’s Association are pleased to join the Welcome Ceremony for US Congressional Delegates along with Tibetan Settlement Office, Tibetan Freedom Movement, Tibetan Local Assembly and other NGOs in Dharamshala
- ༄༅། ཕྱི་ལོ་༢༠༡༨ ཟླ་༡ ཚེས་༡༡ ཉིན་སྔ་དྲོ་ཕྱག་ཚོད་༡༠ པའི་ཐོག་ཨ་རི་ (CCAC) མཐོ་སློབ་ནས་དགེ་རྒན་དང་སློབ་ཕྲུག་ཁག་གཅིག་བོད་ཀྱི་བུད་མེད་ལྷན་ཚོགས་ཀྱི་ལས་ཁུངས་སུ་འཚམས་གཟིགས་གནང་བའི་ཐོག་ལྷན་ཚོགས་ཀྱི་བྱུང་རིམ་ངོ་སྤྲོད་དང་བོད་དོན་སྐོར་འདས་མ་ད་གསུམ་ཐོག་གནད་དོན་གསལ་བཤད་དང་དྲི་བ་དྲི་ལན་གྱིས་ལས་རིམ་གནང་ཡོད།
- Today on 10th July, 2017 TWA received 21 students from Taiwan students group led by SFT Taiwan and SFT India.
- A group of students from Arkansas University, USA led by Geshe Thupten Dorjee and Robert Duane Howard visited Tibetan Women’s Association Central Dharamshala
- Tibetan Women’s Association’s President Dolma Yangchen and Public Relation Officer Kalsang Youdon were happy to have met with the delegations of European Parliament assistants
- TWA’s Project Officer, Ms.Tenzin Choezin gave a talk on Gender Equality in the Tibetan Community on the 40th International Museum Day’s talk series