This page covers news on events to do with women in the worldwide Tibetan exile community with which Tibetan Women’s Association (TWA) is not neccessarily involved, as well as reports and campaigns on incidents to do with women inside Tibet.
Our homepage showcases all latest news related to TWA and all of our campaigning work and statements issued on events and situations affecting Tibetan women both in exile and inside Tibet. However, often other events occur which affect Tibetan women and we feel our website provides a valuable opportunity to report on these, helping to raise the profile of Tibetan women and raise awareness of the Tibetan situation. Please click here if you would like to provide valuable research and reporting support to TWA.
- Free Panchen Lama now!
- Statement of Tibetan Women’s Association issued on the 56th Anniversary of Tibetan Women’s National Uprising Day
- An appeal to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- TWA at COP20, Lima, Peru
- TWA Urges Indian PM Modi to raise the crucial issue of Tibet with the Chinese President
- TWA appeal Indian Prime Minister to raise Tibet issue with meeting with Xi Jinping
- A pregnant woman commits suicide after hearing her husband’s death in Chinese prison.
- Facebook user ཞོགས་པའི་ཉིན་འོད misuse pictures of TWA
- TWA appeals Mr Modi to discuss Tibet issue with Chinese Foreign Minister
- TWA persistently demands the Chinese government to declare the 11th Panchen Lama’s status by 25th April, 2015
- Statement of TWA on the 55th Anniversary of the Tibetan Women’s Uprising Day
- TWA to organize a symposium on Legal Empowerment of Tibetan Women in Exile
- TWA urges the UN Delegation visiting China to heed to status of Tibetan Women in Tibet
- TWA observes the 65th annual United Nations’ Human Rights Day
- Appeals to the international bodies on Dec 10, 2013