This page covers news on events to do with women in the worldwide Tibetan exile community with which Tibetan Women’s Association (TWA) is not neccessarily involved, as well as reports and campaigns on incidents to do with women inside Tibet.
Our homepage showcases all latest news related to TWA and all of our campaigning work and statements issued on events and situations affecting Tibetan women both in exile and inside Tibet. However, often other events occur which affect Tibetan women and we feel our website provides a valuable opportunity to report on these, helping to raise the profile of Tibetan women and raise awareness of the Tibetan situation. Please click here if you would like to provide valuable research and reporting support to TWA.
- A 23 Yr old Young boy Dhorbo Self immolated in Tibet
- Today we the Central Tibetan Women’s Association has gone around some of the public places in Delhi to spread the pamphlet of the Global Significance of Tibetan Rivers.
- Self Immolation
- On 11th March in the morning Twa Central organized Signature Campaign in MT
- Monk Losang Sangye from Kirti Monastery, was released after serving 4yrs of imprisonment in Mianyang prison, Chengdu.
- Ongoing Demolition of Larung Gar the Largest Buddhist Institute led to a suicide and derelict of Buddhist Practitioners
- “A Kalachakra by Tibet’s Pachen Lama, Gedhun Choekyi Nyima”-Our Vision!
- Free Panchen Lama now!
- Statement of Tibetan Women’s Association issued on the 56th Anniversary of Tibetan Women’s National Uprising Day
- An appeal to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- TWA at COP20, Lima, Peru
- TWA Urges Indian PM Modi to raise the crucial issue of Tibet with the Chinese President
- TWA appeal Indian Prime Minister to raise Tibet issue with meeting with Xi Jinping
- A pregnant woman commits suicide after hearing her husband’s death in Chinese prison.
- Facebook user ཞོགས་པའི་ཉིན་འོད misuse pictures of TWA