This page covers news on events to do with women in the worldwide Tibetan exile community with which Tibetan Women’s Association (TWA) is not neccessarily involved, as well as reports and campaigns on incidents to do with women inside Tibet.
Our homepage showcases all latest news related to TWA and all of our campaigning work and statements issued on events and situations affecting Tibetan women both in exile and inside Tibet. However, often other events occur which affect Tibetan women and we feel our website provides a valuable opportunity to report on these, helping to raise the profile of Tibetan women and raise awareness of the Tibetan situation. Please click here if you would like to provide valuable research and reporting support to TWA.
- Tibetan Tour Guide Dies From Prison Injuries
- A 19-year old Tibetan monk has reportedly died of injuries sustained in Chinese prison on 19th January, 2021 in Tibet.
- Five Tibetan NGOs organised a short skit in Mcleod Ganj
- Joint Press Conference by 6 Tibetan NGO calling for immediate release of Lhundup Drakpa and Tharpa and justice for Lhamo who was murdered in Chinese prison.
- Lhamo a Tibetan herder , a 36-year old mother of three from Diru county in Nagchu, died in Chinese custody
- A 23 Yr old Young boy Dhorbo Self immolated in Tibet
- Today we the Central Tibetan Women’s Association has gone around some of the public places in Delhi to spread the pamphlet of the Global Significance of Tibetan Rivers.
- Self Immolation
- On 11th March in the morning Twa Central organized Signature Campaign in MT
- Monk Losang Sangye from Kirti Monastery, was released after serving 4yrs of imprisonment in Mianyang prison, Chengdu.
- Ongoing Demolition of Larung Gar the Largest Buddhist Institute led to a suicide and derelict of Buddhist Practitioners
- “A Kalachakra by Tibet’s Pachen Lama, Gedhun Choekyi Nyima”-Our Vision!
- Free Panchen Lama now!
- Statement of Tibetan Women’s Association issued on the 56th Anniversary of Tibetan Women’s National Uprising Day
- An appeal to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights