The Tibetan Women’s Association (TWA) is recruiting applicants for a Project Coordinator for a one year project titled ‘Legal Empowerment of Tibetan Women-in-Exile.” The job responsibilities and qualifications are described below. Tibetan speaking & female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants are requested to send us a copy of the following at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st, 2013 referencing in the subject line of the email “Project Coordinator for TWA’s 1 year project”
- Cover Letter addressed to the President
- Attested copy of Green Book
- Attested copy of Registration Certificate
- Degree Certificates
- Medical Certificate
- One Reference Letter
- Passport size photo
BASE LOCATION: Dharamsala, India
SALARY: INR 18,000 + 2000 (HRA) = INR 20,000 (per month)
DURATION: 1 year
The Project Coordinator will work in collaboration with the TWA team who will be involved in the project. He/She along with one executive from TWA will have to visit the project sites across India & give workshop cum survey on the Legal safeguards for Women under the Indian Constitution & various Acts on Women. The Project Coordinator will be the core trainer.
- Work on designing a training manual and survey questionnaire.
- Will be the core trainer
- Will be responsible to transcribe the survey results & write a report after the completion of the training.
- Will be the key person in organizing a conference related to Women’s Issues
- Will be responsible in producing a detail report and compile a book by the end of the project year.
- Other tasks related to the project.
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Law
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent command of written & spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel to project sites across India.
- Highly efficient, detail and goal oriented.
Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following qualifications:
- Prior experience working in Tibetan diaspora communities in India and/or Nepal
- Prior experience working on NGO project(s)
- Prior project supervision, monitoring experience
The Tibetan Women’s Association would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.