This page covers news on events to do with women in the worldwide Tibetan exile community with which Tibetan Women’s Association (TWA) is not neccessarily involved, as well as reports and campaigns on incidents to do with women inside Tibet.
Our homepage showcases all latest news related to TWA and all of our campaigning work and statements issued on events and situations affecting Tibetan women both in exile and inside Tibet. However, often other events occur which affect Tibetan women and we feel our website provides a valuable opportunity to report on these, helping to raise the profile of Tibetan women and raise awareness of the Tibetan situation. Please click here if you would like to provide valuable research and reporting support to TWA.
- Tibetan NGOs call whereabouts and release 11th Panchen Lama Gedhun Choekyi Nyima
- Today a Tibetan Women Self-immolated in Ngaba
- Central Tibetan Women’s Association’s heartfelt congratulation to Tibetan writer, poet and blogger Tsering Woser for receiving this prestigious International Women’s Courage Award, 2013.
- Self Immolations inside Tibet
- Increase in Tibetan women trafficked to China
- TWA mourns the death of a mother who died in self immolation protest in Tibet
- Remembering Tsering Kyi: A gifted student, a passionate Tibetan and another victim to China’s rule
- The crucial role of women in non-violent protest and the Tibet movement
- Torment of finding her missing brother causes woman to die from ’emotional shock’
- Evicted, attacked & abused: new findings expose danger vulnerable women face under China’s rule
- TWA mourns the self immolation deaths of two female protesters this past weekend
- Tibetan Mother of Four Dies in Self-immolation Protest
- Tibetan woman writer Woeser denied international accolade
- Self-Immolations: New heightened form of Non Violent protests in Tibet
- Global Tibet Movement Condemns China’s Escalating Crackdown