This page covers news on events to do with women in the worldwide Tibetan exile community with which Tibetan Women’s Association (TWA) is not neccessarily involved, as well as reports and campaigns on incidents to do with women inside Tibet.
Our homepage showcases all latest news related to TWA and all of our campaigning work and statements issued on events and situations affecting Tibetan women both in exile and inside Tibet. However, often other events occur which affect Tibetan women and we feel our website provides a valuable opportunity to report on these, helping to raise the profile of Tibetan women and raise awareness of the Tibetan situation. Please click here if you would like to provide valuable research and reporting support to TWA.
- Palden Choetso’s self-immolation video given to Tibetan exile group
- TWA speaks out in solidarity with Tibetan martyrs
- TWA holds global solidarity actions in honor of Tibetan martyrs
- TWA condemns the ongoing crackdown in Ngaba, Tibet and calls for international action
- Candlelight vigil held in Dharamsala following two self-immolations in Tibet
- Tibetan writer Woeser honoured
- TWA condemn unacceptable harassment on Tibetan woman activist by Nepalese Police